Cisco-Eagle’s Houston, Texas Field Operations team was recently honored by FedEx for its exceptional level of performance and use of quality management tools.
Our guys are always out there doing things for customers at difficult times, in crunch time, and on time. They make things work and keep them working, so it wasn’t any surprise for customers to be happy with them. Matt Lanclos, Tom Hull,and Art Rodgers from our Houston Field Operations group, and James Lawson, Regional Manager Field Operations for Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Texas, received FedEx Ground’s GCST Region Certificates of Excellence on January 9. There were also certificates for Cisco-Eagle’s Houston and Dallas offices…
FedEx Regional Maintenance Manager Hasan Sawalhi presented the awards at a gathering of our techs and the terminal managers for FedEx North and South facilities. The award was based on an inspection of the material handling system at the Gulf Cost Region (GCST) facilities with the objective of evaluating the material handling/maintenance vendor’s work.
The criteria used to rate the Cisco-Eagle service operation were:
- Service/Response time
- Innovation (thinking outside the box)
- Learning curve progress (how long it takes to learn the equipment and understanding of the operation
- Mastering special equipment (e.g. curve belts, multi stage, extendo, GDU, etc)
- Learning how to read FedEx maintenance manual
- Following instructions
- Paperwork procedures (Service Report)
- Relation/engagement with facility management
- Relation with other vendors (e.g. electric, janitorial, material handling suppliers, etc)
Scott Stone is Cisco-Eagle's Advertising and E-business Manager. He is a 20-year veteran of the material handling industry. He publishes the award-winning Material Handling Tips & Information Newsletter and works on all aspects of the company's communications efforts. See Cisco-Eagle on Twitter