Ten questions to ask when you’re considering a VRC (Vertical Reciprocating Conveyor) Lift
A few months ago, we posted a Guide to Vertical Reciprocating Conveyors (you might find it useful if you’re looking at any application that moves a load up and down at least one level integrated with a shaft, mezzanine or other are). That guide includes the following questions, which you should be able to answer as you move ahead with your project.
- What do you need your VRC to do?
- How often will it be used?
- How much weight does it need to lift?
- How big of a carriage do you need?
- How will you load/unload the VRC?
- How high do you need to lift?
- What are your clearances around the VRC?
- Where do you need perimeter safety enclosures?
- What type of gate(s) do you need?
- What electrical power do you have available?
Those are some things to get you started. If you want to know more, check out the VRC specification guide. There is a brief article, but you can download the more detailed, 26-page PDF file pretty quickly.
Scott Stone Cisco-Eagle's Director of Marketing. He has over 25 years of experience in the industry.