Infographic: Safer Pallet Rack Operation
Pallet rack is typically safe and easily-maintained storage equipment, whether you are dealing with selective, pushback, drive-in, or other types of rack. But if you load it wrong, if you don’t inspect and repair/replace damaged components, if you don’t understand your capacities, and if you don’t take steps to ensure your rack isn’t impacted by loading equipment, that safe rack can become dangerous and expensive.
We have created an infographic to help you navigate the most common mistakes people make dealing with pallet racks. Feel free to share this graphic to any site or other media. It is the first of many infographic posters we’ll be offering to help people operate and maintain material handling equipment.
Useful pallet rack safety links:
- Fire codes and pallet racks
- How beam loading affects rack capacities
- A guide to pallet rack inspection
- Seismic zone considerations
- Tips for reducing pallet rack damage
- Configuring racks with wire decking
- Anatomy of a pallet rack collapse
Scott Stone Cisco-Eagle’s Director of Marketing. He has over 25 years of experience in the industry.