Conveyor Video: How to Tighten the Drive Chain Tension
Hytrol Conveyors has provided this handy video guide for maintaining chain driven conveyors.
Steps for tightening the drive chain tension:
- Once the power to the conveyor has been turned off and locked out, remove the chain guard.
- Start by loosening the two bolts located on the motor base on each side of the conveyor.
- Loosen the nut that holds the jackbolt in place.
- Once this is done, tighten the jackbolt until there is a 1/4 inch of play in the center of the chain. Then, repeat the exact same adjustment on the opposite side of the conveyor in order to keep the sprockets aligned.
- Next, taking a straight edge, make sure the sprockets are in line with one another and then lock the jackbolt back in place.
Contact Cisco-Eagle’s Service & Maintenance department if you need any conveyor maintenance assistance.
Scott Stone Cisco-Eagle's Director of Marketing. He has over 25 years of experience in the industry.