Due to Hurricane Ike, the previous dates for the WERC (Warehouse Education Resource Council) were cancelled. The Council has rescheduled. The new dates for this intensive 3-day seminar are November 10-12, 2008. WERC typically packs useful, solid information into their seminars, so if you’re in South Texas or feel like traveling there, this one may be worth your time. According to WERC, attendees will learn:
- How to identify the precise problems that are the most troublesome in your warehouse
- Which operations require your attention and how to prioritize work demands
- Why leadership and communication skills are important to managing people, boosting morale, and solving labor/management conflicts
- How to lay out your warehouse for good space utilization, material handling compatibility, and optimum flow efficiency
- Which equipment and technology enablers best suit your operations for storage and handling as well as order picking and order selection.
See WERC.org for complete information. Those who registered previously do not need to re-register.