Flow Gravity Rack
Carton Flow is an efficient, first-in, first-out picking method
- Carton & Gravity Flow Inquiries - Or call us toll-free
- Gravity flow rack saves time, space, and labor
- Product flows smoothly on galvanized steel tracks, on 7/8" polyethylene wheels on 1.5" centers
- Tracks and shelves can be adjusted to meet product dimensions
- Standard configurations are listed; many styles & sizes are available
- Picking & stocking executed from opposite sides of the rack, and may be done simultaneously - without congestion
- Flow shelf levels are adjustable vertically and the carton runways and guides are adjustable on 1/2" centers
- Galvanized steel channel for years of rust free use
|W x D x H||Pick Faces||Shelf Levels||Model No.||Price||Model No.||Price|
|96"w x 96"d x 96"h||28||4||KFR-9696-S||$2,445.51||KFR-9696-A||$2,224.80|
|96"w x 48"d x 96"h||28||4||KFR-9648-S||$1,728.93||KFR-9648-A||$1,559.71|
Flow Rack Styles
Gravity Flow Rack Styles - what can you store, and what should you store it in?
Gravity Flow Shelves Handle the medium to fast moving items -- typically about 90% of the goods in most systems.
Static Shelves Accommodate very slow movers and odd shapes, usually about 5% of the total. These shelves can fit within bays or attach to the outside at the ends of each row to keep goods close to their normal picking sequence. Static and gravity flow shelves are interchangeable for easy rearrangement at any time.
Overhead Storage Rack In one, two, or three levels enables utilization of all available storage space. Immediate replenishment of fastest movers, no time is lost waiting for reserves to be brought from other storage areas. Single and double-width pallet bays make it possible to handle the full range of pallet sizes.
Pallet Flow Shelves For the fastest-moving items, usually 5%. They normally hold two pallets in a single bay. As with carton flow, the pallets move by gravity from the restock side to the picking position. Empty pallets are returned to the restocking aisle through the return shelf.
Gravity Flow Rail Racking Application Guide
- Use flow rail rack when the average order consists of multiple items, but only a few pieces per item.
- The rack system should be deep enough to hold a 3-5 day supply of the average item.
- For faster moving items, assign more than one lane or restock more often.
- Pick items which are ordered in large quantities from a pallet flow lane (usually 5% of the line).
- Place extremely slow movers (usually 5% of the total line) on static shelves.
- Use gravity flow shelves for split case or full case picking.
- Use carton-tilt shelves with 10 degree layback vertical frame, when picking from open cases of similar size or totes. (Contact us for pricing.)
- Use standard straight shelves and standard square front vertical shelves when picking full cases.
- Use flow rail systems to handle any weight package you can comfortably lift.