Box Tumbling Calculator for Incline Conveyors
Calculate the maximum angle of incline for your boxes and containers
- Conveyor Inquiries - Fast, expert assistance (or call toll-free)
Use this calculator to determine the maximum angle for your incline conveyor before a box will tumble.
- The maximum incline angle is 30 degrees without using a cleated belt.
- With a cleated belt you may be able to incline up to 45 degrees.
- This calculator assumes the weight is evenly distributed in the box. Contact us if you have a top heavy box.
- You should also consider the type of materials used for the item being conveyed. Plastic containers are slicker, and more prone to slipping on the belt as you increase the degree of incline. Cardboard boxes tend to slip less than plastic, and rubberized products such as tires may allow for steeper inclines.
- See our comprehensive Incline Conveyors pages for more information.