Turntable Stretch Wrapper Machines
High speed automated and semi-automated pallet wrapping systems
Left: low profile; right: high-profile. Turntable systems are excellent for applications where pallets are handled by a forklift or pallet jack for floor loading. Their relatively compact footprint means they will not occupy the space a rotary tower system occupies.
|Model No.||Profile||Size||Automation||Cap. (Lbs.)||Price|
|OPK-Flex-HPD||High||48" Turntable, 96"L x 32"W 94.5"H System||Semi||5000||$10,750.00|
|OPK-Flex-HPA||High||48" x 48" Turntable, 96"L x 32"W 94.5"H System||Full||5000||$15,450.00|
|OPK-Flex-CTS||High||121.6" L x 99.54"W x 94.5"H||Full||4000||$29,900.00|
|OPK-Flex-LPD||Low||63" Turntable, 100"L x 68"W x 89"H System||Semi||5000||$10,995.00|
|OPK-Flex-LPA||Low||63" Turntable, 100"L x 68"W x 89"H System||Full||5000||$15,595.00|
Selecting the right turntable stretchwrapper
On a turntable stretch wrapping machine, pallets are processed on the machine’s turntable. As it revolves, the pallet load is wrapped according to a predetermined cross-spiral pattern. Wrap pattern maximizes holding power while minimizing material use.
When specifying a turntable machine, make sure it can handle the weight of the heaviest load to be wrapped. A key component of a turntable machine is its load-bearing base frame, which should be fully constructed of structural steel components running the full length of the frame. This feature gives the machine more rigidity and better stability on uneven surfaces.
Semi or Fully Automated?
- Fully automatic wrapping equipment requires virtually no direct labor in the process. After the load is delivered via conveyor, the system automatically wraps the load, cuts and weighs down the film tail, and transports the wrapped load to a staging area ready for pickup.
- In semiautomatic stretch wrapping, a worker attaches the stretch wrap to the pallet load, starts the machine, and then cuts the film tail at the end of the process. During the wrap cycle, the operator is free to attend to other tasks.
- Production rate and throughput level will determine your need for either a semi- or fully automatic system. In many situations, throughput rate of 30+ loads per hour dictate the use of a fully automatic or stand-alone system for maximum efficiency.
Low Profile and High Profile
- High profile stretch wrappers are loaded with forklifts. Platform heights are 10" to 14" above the floor. The added height (which is above the level of forklift wheels) helps protect the machine from damage due to forklifts rolling over the turntable. High-profile turntables are square shaped with rounded corners, which allows the forklift to approach closer and more easily center a load.
- Low profile stretchwrapper turntables set 3" off the floor for easy pallet jack loading (utilizing optional ramps).