AS/RS Modernizations: Refurbish Existing Automated Storage Systems
Your system might be obsolete, but it can be renewed for productive new operations
One of the most cost-effective ways to increase overall system performance
Cisco-Eagle believes in maximizing value for AS/RS clients by utilizing the concept of AS/RS Modernization. It's a cost-effective way to continue using older Automated Systems - revitalize them and create new efficiencies without the cost of a new system.
Whether it's poor reliability, low rates of capacity or throughput, an awkward distribution flow, or other problems, the concept of Modernization may hold the answer for you. Technology upgrades make dollars and sense...especially when your existing system can be retrofitted to reach the desired reliability, flexibility, and productivity for a fraction of the cost of new AS/RS...or even an entirely new facility.
Additionally, using a "live conversion" approach keeps inconvenience and downtime to a minimum. In addition, various levels of after-market support are available.
Potential modernization candidates include Unit Load/Mini Load, S/R Machines, Conveyors, Transfer Cars, AGV's, Vertical Lifts, Maintenance Carts, Bridge Cranes, and ACTIV Systems .
System Upgrade Profile: Does the hardware and software you have today match the business you have today?
- System meets needs, but capable support is limited or unavailable
- Obsolete hardware, fragile application software
- Business requirements no longer match current software
- Functional operations changed
- Unacceptable performance and poor reliability
- Obsolete proprietary technology
- Limited diagnostics
- Excessive maintenance costs
- Inflexible to changing needs
- No parts availability
Retrotech, CEI's Modernization partner, has upgraded over 300 installations across the country, including controls, positioning systems, and communications upgrades. This partnership provides full-service, turnkey solutions, extensive software capabilities, and the ability to execute projects that require a blend of equipment and technologies.
Goals of Modernization
- Improve system performance
- Provide flexible, expandable controls
- Increase system reliability
- Integrate with other material handling equipment and systems
- Redesign mechanical systems
- Eliminate proprietary designs
- Utilize customer preferred hardware and software
- Reduce maintenance costs
- Provide complete customer satisfaction