Space Savings Through Vertical Carousels
By utilizing high-density shelves and the vertical cube, carousels can slash space needs
In this example, vertical carousels provide the same amount of storage space as several rows of traditional shelving or modular drawers...yet saves over 1,400 sq. ft. of valuable floor space.
Vertical carousels provide the optimum in space savings for two reasons. First, they utilize the full vertical cube, transforming empty air into storage. Secondly, they're high-density, enforcing more storage into a tighter space. Vertical carousels, by nature, reinforce organization and space economy in a typical warehouse or processing area.
Warehousing Insights | Material Handling Systems » Space Saving Topics from our Blog
- How to Reduce Wasted “Walking” Time in Distribution Operations
- Alternatives to New Facility Construction
- Sheet Metal Storage Alternatives: What Works Best
- Empty Pallet Storage: What Not to Do
- The 5S Approach to Workcells & Workstations
- Picking to Cartons vs. Picking to Totes
- Picking Bar Stock, Steel, or Pipe: Rack Storage Options
- Moving Material Vertically – VRC’s, Conveyors, and Other Options
- Saving Space in Rack Storage Areas
- Button Control Vertical Carousels Application Guide & Videos