VWare™ & Stock Putaway Operations System
Intelligent putaway management systems help increase accuracy, throughput
Ask an Expert
Strategic planning for efficient warehouse management depends on proper storage configuration and putaway intelligence
The Versatile Warehouse™ provides accommodates a multitude of storage configurations and operational procedures to ensure efficient inventory retrieval following well managed putaway.
Extensive system configuration allows storage location suggestion at the time of Induction, or at one or more dedicated putaway stations. In many applications, received materials may be staged at specified zones for later putaway by mobile operators.
System directed putaway is based on SKU profile data supplied by the customer including: cube and/or velocity classifications, UOM, min/max levels, quantity limitations, and lot commingling rules. For storage locations under control of automated material handling devices (such as automated carousels), specific optimization rules may be selectively applied.
The following features are available to increase the throughput and accuracy of stock putaway:
- Configurable location selection algorithms
- Putaway by light, ticket, label or work list
- Lights identify location and/or batch member
- Unlimited locations for any Item/UOM
- Min/Max levels by item, UOM, and zone
- Selective UOM segregation (unit, case, pallet)
- Fixed and/or random locations by item and zone
- Batch putaway in automated or static storage
- Selective commingling by location or item
- Scan verify by location, item and or container
- Hot putaway by single item or batch
- Real-time storage notification to Host