PLC Programmer Field Technician - Safety Products Division
The Cisco-Eagle family is a great place for your family
Apply: Submit your resume today
Cisco-Eagle Inc. is a leading material handling systems integrator and distributor. We provide creative supply chain and order fulfillment solutions for our clients which can include conveyor systems, storage and retrieval systems, robotics, palletizers, stretch wrappers, storage racks, mezzanines, security cages, safety gates, and other products used in warehousing, distribution and manufacturing.
We offer an excellent income and benefits package, and a rewarding, enjoyable, professional company culture within which to work collaboratively with others. We are an organization with a focus on providing our associates with unparalleled support, technology, and formal training to fast track you to a successful career. Benefits include, paid vacation, 401(k) plan, medical insurance, and company stock (we are an employee-owned ESOP company, which can be an excellent long-term benefit).
While the primary responsibility will be to write, modify, load and test programming for our Automated Safety Systems, this individual will also be responsible for providing technical support to both Cisco-Eagle internal staff and customers in the field in forms of Startup Assistance as well as Customer Service issue troubleshooting and correction. Position requires some travel. Travel can be 3-4 days per week, typically every other week, as needed for job start-up.
- Program Automated Safety Systems provided by Cisco-Eagle. Standard PLC’s are either Allen Bradley or Schneider.
- Review proposals and confirm scope of work and materials requirements.
- Research new technologies for special applications and new products.
- Technical support and troubleshooting field issues.
- Load and test programming on systems prior to shipment.
- Perform minor controls wiring.
- Travel to customer sites to perform system startup.
- Keep accurate records of program, schematic, and onsite modifications.
- Generate electrical drawings/schematics.
- Provide necessary system specific information for inclusion into systems manual.
Education and Experience
- An electrical engineering degree, or degree including PLC programming is preferred but not mandatory.
- Experience in programming PLC controls for systems operations.
- Individual must possess a strong analytical and technical aptitude and be able to read and interpret electrical schematics and wiring diagrams.