Cisco-Eagle Conveyor service technicians win FedEx Awards of Excellence
How service can change the game for material handling operations
Cisco-Eagle’s Houston, Texas Field Services team was recently honored by FedEx for its exceptional level of performance and use of quality management tools.
Our guys are always out there doing things for customers at difficult times, in crunch time, and on time. They make things work and keep them working, so it wasn’t any surprise for customers to be happy with them. Our Houston and Dallas field Operations group received FedEx Ground’s GCST Region Certificates of Excellence on January 9.
FedEx Regional Maintenance Manager Hasan Sawalhi presented the awards at a gathering of our techs and the terminal managers for FedEx North and South facilities. The award was based on an inspection of the material handling system at the Gulf Cost Region (GCST) facilities with the objective of evaluating the material handling/maintenance vendor’s work.
The criteria used to rate the Cisco-Eagle service operation were:
- Service/Response time
- Innovation (thinking outside the box)
- Learning curve progress (how long it takes to learn the equipment and understanding of the operation
- Mastering special equipment (e.g. curve belts, multi stage, GDU, etc)
- Learning how to read FedEx maintenance manual
- Following instructions
- Paperwork procedures (Service Report)
- Relation/engagement with facility management
- Relation with other vendors (e.g. electric, janitorial, material handling suppliers, etc)
Scott Stone is Cisco-Eagle's Marketing Director with three decades of experience in material handling, warehousing and industrial operations. He writes on automation, warehousing, safety, manufacturing and other areas of concern for industrial operations.