2014 Educational Opportunities for Manufacturing & Distribution Professionals
Ways to learn, grow, and network for logistics and assembly professionals
Are you interested in networking, education, and exposure to new ideas for this year? There are a number of excellent shows available, and more coming. These events always tend to offer a bit of self promotion, but a lot of solid information. In particular if you’re undertaking a major expansion or project in the next year or two, it’s always a good idea to take some time to learn, grow, and expand your horizons.
Material Handling/ Distribution Shows & Conferences
The Modex show happen March 17-20 in Atlanta. There will be more than 800 exhibitors at the conference’s extensive show floor with tons of chances to see the latest equipment and services available to industrial operations. The exhibitors range from material handling systems, inventory management, software, dock equipment, voice identification systems, supply chain management, safety, and more. Show floor seminars, keynotes on leading supply chain topics, and collocated educational sessions round out the show’s appeal.Free registration.
Cisco-Eagle will be on hand to showcase AisleCop®, our innovative Forklift/Pedestrian Protective system.
This Dematic-sponsored show happens in beautiful Park City Utah, on September 8-11, 2014. The is an affordable, comprehensive, educational event with 60-plus educational sessions designed to “provide tactical and strategic education.” It features a unique track approach, with tracks for leadership, talent, experience, solutions, an innovation lab, and a life cycle track. And you get to see Jay Leno along with REO Speedwagon.
April 27-30, 2014 in Chicago. Not many session details are out, but the focus is on:
- Big Data – How it Can Enhance Your Supply Chain
- How Robotics Will Change Your Operations by 2020
- Managing Risk in a 3PL Relationship
- Incentives in Your Labor Management Program
The biennial Las Vegas show isn’t until September 2015, but Pack Expo offers shows over the next two years, including:
- ExpoPack Mexico in June 2014,
- Pharma Expo, Chicago, November 2014
- Pack Expo East, February 2015,
- Pack Expo International, November 2014
- Pack Expo Gudalajara, March 2015
Manufacturing Conferences & Shows
This gathering focuses on new technology for manufacturing operations. It has a mission of bringing a network of manufacturing professionals together for peer networking, and an exploration of new ideas. It happens September 8-11, 2014 in Chicago, at McCormick Place. It also features an array of additional educational opportunities within the conference:
- EHS Today: America’s Safest Companies Today
- Industrial Automation North America Global Automation & Manufacturing Summit
- ISA Inside Conference:
- Midwest Clean Tech
- TRAM – Trends in Advanced Machining, Materials and Manufacturing
According to the group, this show will address disruptions – and how to profit from them in today’s amped, globalized manufacturing economy. Topics include:
- How 3D printing, new software modeling tools, and other disruptive technologies will change your business
- Why global “maker networks” are inspiring a new generation of manufacturing innovators
- How the integration of new technologies in computational design, construction, and manufacturing is defining the future of luxury design.
- Why additive/3D manufacturing will spur a resurgence in manufacturing.
- How innovation partnerships are accelerating the development of new, breakthrough materials in manufacturing.
- What leading women in executive positions are saying about careers in manufacturing.
We’ll be sure to keep these listings updated as new shows and conferences emerge for 2014. Also watch for a safety show listing, coming soon.
Scott Stone is Cisco-Eagle's Marketing Director with three decades of experience in material handling, warehousing and industrial operations. He writes on automation, warehousing, safety, manufacturing and other areas of concern for industrial operations.