June is National Safety Month
A guide to safety resources for industrial facilities
Since June is National Safety Month, it’s a good time for a roundup of some of the excellent safety resources available through our website and many others.
National safety month
- Week 1: Stand Ready to Respond
- Week 2: Be Healthy
- Week 3: Watch Out for Dangers
- Week 4: Share Roads Safely
For industrial operations, these are points of interest that can greatly impact your operation, company and employees.
The theme this year is “no one gets hurt”. That is an excellent mantra for industrial facilities from manufacturing companies to distribution centers. Some of the resources available include:
This is one of the first places you should visit for information on national safety month. Includes links to resources for both members and non-members of NSC. You can also take “safe at work” pledge at the NSC site. Lots of ways to help kick-start a culture of safety at your operation. See NSC’s work safety area.
More from NSC:
- Register for the 2018 NSC Safety Congress in Houston this October (you can visit Cisco-Eagle at this conference)
- NSC’s safety observance calendar
- NSC’s safety blog
You can visit the safety portion of our blog for dozens of articles on everything from fall protection to forklift safety tips and information. We delve specifically into ways to make your warehouse or factory more ergonomic, how to store and move materials in a safer manner, dock area safety and forklift/pedestrian safety. We are always adding new information on ways to make your operation safer, more efficient and more ergonomic. Some highlights include:
- Loading dock: fall protection OSHA standards analysis
- Ways to go “forklift free” in your operation
- Ladder safety in the warehouse
- Download PDFs: Warehouse Safety Catalog; White Paper: Forklift/Pedestrian Safety; Forklift Safety (AisleCop) justification/ROI
- Warehouse ergonomics
Other safety resources around the web
- SafetySmart 911 has downloadable posters
- NSC has released this video in support of National Safety Month
- Check out these downloadable safety posters from NSC
Although June is officially National Safety Month, and June 12 is National Forklift Safety Day, safe practices are a full time job.
Safer operations are more productive
The organization, forethought and design that makes people safer tends to make the facility more efficient. This is particularly true for warehouses, manufacturing facilities, distribution centers and commercial facilities where machinery is in use, forklifts are running, and high ceilings or docks are common.
Scott Stone Cisco-Eagle's Director of Marketing. He has over 25 years of experience in the industry.