VWare™ Exception Handling
Efficiently view and resolve both work order and system exceptions
Ask an Expert
Completing orders as originally requested is essential to customer satisfaction. The Versatile Warehouse™ provides several methods to assist operators to accomplish this goal. Depending on the batch processing method in use, shortages can be noted at the time of encounter, or upon batch completion if servicing using printed work lists.
Order containers can be manually directed, or automatically routed to remote exception handling for a variety of reasons. Upon arrival, the Exception Manager is used to view the specific problem(s), determination the best course of action, and perform several types of corrective actions.
Options available to Exception station operators include:
- Clear exceptions and send order carrier back for further processing
- Replace damaged order container
- Query the system for additional inventory locations
- Adjust line item quantities performed or requested
- Release the order container as is for packing/shipping
- Cancel the line items from the order
- Manually consolidate the line items with the order