Materials Handling Project Management
Project management is the key to successful material handling system
Ask an Expert
Project management: where it "gets real"
Project management is critical for the success of conveyor and other material handling systems—it's
the step where concepts and ideas become concrete and steel. It's a complex,
multifaceted stage where projects can be propelled to great success.That's why we dedicate significant talent and resources into developing the finest project management teams possible to help execute your project correctly, on time, and to your specifications.
Collaboration is key
Our approach has proven effective in material handling installations of all
types. You need a provider who can work effectively with you during the project planning stage and subsequent monitoring throughout the implementation phase.
We bring you up-front planning, realistic & agreed upon milestones, and measurement criteria.
Planning and execution steps
We specialize in up-front planning with realistic and agreed upon milestones,
along with defined measurement criteria. This prevents surprises and provides
the opportunity to incorporate alternate plans as needed.
Approach to systems integration
Cisco-Eagle Project Management Teams take the responsibility for all tasks involved in the implementation of the project once it has been accepted. This provides you with a defined focal point of contact for all the various vendors, installers, and inspectors that come with a major project implementation. No matter where the subcontractors are, no matter who they are, you have only one number to call and one entity to deal with - Cisco-Eagle.
Typical sequence of activities:
- Confirmation of Purchaser, Cisco-Eagle, and major vendors' project organization and responsibility
- Approval of the project schedule
- Finalize the system and software/control design (with Purchaser approval)
- System design and subsequent design review
- Material procurement and scheduling of human resources
- Installation and check-out of mechanical systems
- System start-up
- System testing and Purchaser acceptance
- Training, documentation and system support
The Project Management Team reports directly to the Cisco-Eagle Manager of Project Implementation. The Project Management Team
includes a Sales Representative, Project Manager, Project Engineer, Project Coordinator and an On-Site Field Project Manager. The Project Manager and the Project Engineer will be office based with frequent installation site visits during critical milestones of the project. The On-Site Field Project Manager will be a Full Time Supervisor at the installation site from commencement of the Project through Acceptance and Training.
The Project Management Team has full responsibility for:
- Establishment of schedules that correspond to your objectives and needs
- Assignment of project tasks
- Establishment of measurement criteria
- Ordering of material—and tracking to the installation site
- Management and coordination of suppliers, installation, system integration and acceptance
- Providing necessary progress reports and updates
- Conducting project reviews with , as required
- Managing and scheduling of all change notices
- Insuring your participation and satisfaction with the decision process
- Scheduling of formal training sessions for personnel operating and maintaining systems
What questions can we answer?
Cisco-Eagle specializes in designing and implementing successful material
handling projects of all types, with broad industry experience. See:
How Cisco-Eagle approaches post-implementation support.
Let's chat about your project today.
Read our customer reviews