VWare™ & Order Picking Operations System
Optimize order picking across zones and various storage systems
Inquire: WCS / WMS Systems
The Versatile Warehouse™ supports efficient picking operations across all types of storage zones. Enhanced throughput is easily achieved using flexible rules to define individual order batching schemes for all zones. Topping the list of efficiency gains, order fulfillment across multiple zones is always synchronized for maximum throughput with minimal material handling hardware costs.
Picking from automated devices
For those workstations servicing automated devices such as horizontal or vertical carousels, intuitive graphical user interfaces provide guidance, while light-directed picking technologies ensure the accuracy you demand.
Picking from static storage equipment
Picking from more static storage areas such as shelving or flow rack is integrated through either light-pointing equipment, work lists or batched labels. For these zones, operator travel paths are always optimized using flexible configuration rules by zone.
For those applications employing a more complex automation scheme, the Versatile Warehouse™ provides advanced conveyor and sortation system management. It employs interface techniques that allow it to dynamically react to material handling flow conditions. This eliminates “islands of automation” and guarantees maximum throughput for your system investment.
A summary of feature highlights provided by the Versatile Warehouse™ for order picking includes:
- Automatic or manual order release
- External system order/line coordination
- Prioritize by FIFO, priority rank, or due date
- Pick & pass, parallel pick, or both
- Fully automated and/or manual batching
- Automated storage device optimization
- Pick by light, ticket, label or work list
- Lights identify location and/or batch member
- Scan verify location, item and or container
- Hot pick by single item or batch
- Unlimited pick fences by zone
- Single-line order combining
- Standard or custom pick/ship labels
- Real-time storage notification to Host